Learning that you may have difficulty achieving pregnancy can be traumatic for many couples. Either partner, or both of you, may experience a range of feelings that may place stress on your relationship.
Going through fertility treatment can have a psychological and emotional impact and should not to be underestimated. Some of the issues that couples can find difficult include:
- Interruption to your usual lifestyle
- News of unsuccessful outcomes
- Physical stresses you may encounter
- Lending support to a partner
- Discussion amongst family and friends
There are resources available to help you manage the situation. Next Generation Fertility can provide professional counselling, support groups are available and there are some books you may find helpful. In addition, being fully informed about treatment options and the likely outcomes can help you cope.